Here’s a look back at Jmore’s cover stories of 2019, from furry friends and travel to where Baltimore Jews live today and how we give back to the community at large.
January 2019: The Pets Issue
Jmore celebrates the furry souls among us.
– Pets Issue Contest Entries
– Baltimore Humane Society Needs Funding to Help Animals in Need of Adoption
– Service Dogs Support Families During Difficult Times
– Walkin’ the Dog
February 2019: The Love Issue
In the spirit of this widely observed season of love, Jmore asked some local scribes to offer their thoughts and feelings about where their passions lie.
– Books – Beyond Branding, by Emma Snyder
– A Love That Feels Natural, by Josh Rosenstein
– A Love Transcending Words, by Aliza Friedlander
– A Fierce Love, by Melissa Gerr
– Looking for Love and Searching for Second Chances, by Aliza Friedlander
March/April 2019: Opening Doors: Where Jews Live Today
For our cover story, Jmore offers four examples of Jewish families and individuals who live in different sections of this area and what they love about their homes and communities.
– Where Upside Down Feels Right
– ‘Feels Like a Hug’
– Classic Living
– Let There Be Light
May/June 2019: The Travel Issue
Tales from Near and Far:
– The Mysteries of Pittsburgh
– The Cotswolds: Picturesque Perfection
– San Miguel de Allende: Slice of Heaven
– Ugandan Odyssey
– Lions of Zion
– The Power of Remembrance in Germany
July/August 2019: 10 Under 40
Selecting a group of influencers, thought agents and movers-and-shakers under the age of 40 is no enviable task.
Especially when it comes to Jewish Baltimore.
We applaud these 10 individuals for their sense of vision and vitality, their commitment to innovation and industriousness.
And we thank them for what they bring to our community.
September/October 2019: Fall Arts Preview
In our third annual Fall Arts Preview, Jmore zeroes in on some of the unsung heroes of Baltimore’s arts and cultural landscape — venues like community theaters and niche museums.
November 2019: The Food Issue
Do you remember where you used to go with your family to celebrate special occasions, or to grab a late night snack with friends?
December 2019: The Giving Issue
Giving comes in all forms, shapes and manners. Jmore salutes those individuals who find ways to contribute to our world, and we salute the power of giving.
More In News
- LifeBridge Health issues statement that four patients and a staffer at the Jewish geriatric center and hospital tested positive for the coronavirus. read more
- Among the agencies offering assistance to the needy are Jewish Volunteer Connection, CHAI and Jewish Community Services. read more
- Dr. Panagis Galiatsatos answers questions about COVID-19, including what sets it apart from other viruses, what precautions you should take when going to the grocery store and more. read more
- Longtime Northwest Baltimore politician and activist receives the Casper R. Taylor Founder's Award. read more