Sure, you’re practicing social distancing and always maintaining at least six feet of space with others when out in the world. Sure, you have your Personal Protective Equipment at hand for whenever you leave the house. Sure, you’re busy with your Zoom meetings and get-togethers.
But hey, that doesn’t mean you need to forego your normal beauty routine.
These banana-based DIY face masks will improve your skin while also lifting your mood.
“Bananas make a great, all-natural, skin-firming face mask that moisturizes skin and instantly leaves it feeling softer and tighter,” says Jmore beauty expert and consultant Ariel Lewis.
Plus, says Ariel, bananas mixed with a few other ingredients will help with hormonal acne and breakouts that may be worsened by stressors like homeschooling, working from home, and the extra cleaning and cooking that accompany quarantining.
With spas and salons closed to prevent the spread of COVID-19, you might feel like you’re going bananas. Instead, pull out these basic pantry ingredients to create homemade beauty remedies to get your skin glowing.
Here are two of Ariel’s favorites to monkey around with.
Simple Banana Mask
1. Mash up a medium-sized ripe banana into a smooth paste (use a potato masher for best results).
2. Use your fingers and gently apply the paste to your face and neck.
3. Let the mask set for 10 to 20 minutes, then rinse it off with cold water.
Breakout Banana Rescue Mask
1. In a medium-size bowl, add 1/4 cup plain yogurt.
2. Mix in 2 tablespoons of honey (whisk together until smooth).
3. Use a potato masher, in a separated bowl, and mash up one medium ripe banana.
4. Add the banana paste to your yogurt and honey mixture.
5. Mix all the ingredients together and apply to your clean face, using your fingers.
6. Allow the mask to set for 15-20 minutes.
7. Rinse with warm water.
Thanks a bunch! And remember, don’t slip up!