(JTA) — Warner Bros. has officially announced that it will produce a sequel to its wildly successful “Wonder Woman” film.
Warner Bros. Pictures and DC Comics announced the follow-up, called “Wonder Woman II,” at the Comic-Con in San Diego, according to reports.
The movie reportedly will be set during the Cold War with the Soviets. A release date has not been announced.
“Wonder Woman” has surpassed $600 million at the box office worldwide, making it the sixth-highest grossing film of 2017.
Meanwhile, Gal Gadot arrived at Comic-Con on Saturday to participate in a panel with her co-stars in the upcoming “Justice League” movie. “Gal Gadot is here and Comic-Con is losing its mind,” the Los Angeles Times reported.
Top photo: Gal Gadot (Clay Enos/DC Comics)
- Could Gal Gadot Become the Biggest Israeli Superstar Ever?
- Gal Gadot Ranked Most Popular Actor on Social Media
- 7 Incredible Things to Thank Israel For
More In News
- Due to the deadly attack in Jersey City, N.J.,, Pikesville's kosher groceries will be under law enforcement surveillance. read more
- The ex-chairman of Israel's Labor Party, Isaac Herzog talks with Jmore about his role as chairman of the Jewish Agency, the rise of anti-Semitism around the world and more. read more
- The gunmen who entered a Jersey City kosher supermarket and engaged in a deadly shootout with police deliberately chose the store, the city’s mayor said. read more
- The keynote speaker at the Dec. 9 "Charting the Course for Environmental Change in Maryland" event, State Sen. Sarah K. Elfreth discussed the environmental issues coming before the state legislature … read more