(JTA) — Warner Bros. has officially announced that it will produce a sequel to its wildly successful “Wonder Woman” film.
Warner Bros. Pictures and DC Comics announced the follow-up, called “Wonder Woman II,” at the Comic-Con in San Diego, according to reports.
The movie reportedly will be set during the Cold War with the Soviets. A release date has not been announced.
“Wonder Woman” has surpassed $600 million at the box office worldwide, making it the sixth-highest grossing film of 2017.
Meanwhile, Gal Gadot arrived at Comic-Con on Saturday to participate in a panel with her co-stars in the upcoming “Justice League” movie. “Gal Gadot is here and Comic-Con is losing its mind,” the Los Angeles Times reported.
Top photo: Gal Gadot (Clay Enos/DC Comics)
- Could Gal Gadot Become the Biggest Israeli Superstar Ever?
- Gal Gadot Ranked Most Popular Actor on Social Media
- 7 Incredible Things to Thank Israel For
More In Film & TV
- 'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' exhibit will open in New York in August. read more
- Veteran comedian says that comparing the president to Hitler is valid to "wake people up." read more
- "Russian Doll," Schitt's Creek" and "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" were among this year's crop of Emmy nominees. read more
- Israeli actress to star in "Red Notice" with Ryan Reynolds and Duane Johnson. read more